Celebrate Recovery is for anyone with a hurt, habit, or hangup that they struggle with. Many people believe that it is only for alcoholics and drug addicts; however, we all have times in our life when we need help recovering from something even if it is anxiety or depression. We gather together every Friday night to celebrate each other's progress and support one another.
6:15 pm - Step Studies
5:15 pm - Dinner in the small gym
6:15 pm - Large Group - A combination of worship time and testimonial/instruction
7:30 pm - Small Groups - We break up into smaller groups for individual sharing (see "Small Groups" section below)
8:30 pm - CrossPoint Cafe - For those that want to stay and fellowship, we have desserts, coffee, water, and tea in the small gym
Step StudiesJoin us on Tuesday evenings for Step Studies. This is where the "rubber meets the road" as we take an in depth look at the Twelve Steps of Recovery and learn how to apply it to our lives. We have one group for men and one for women. Each week we will learn about and discuss one of the Twelve Steps and share any successes or struggles in our lives.
Large GroupOur Large Group time begins with reading either the Recover Twelve Steps and Their Biblical Comparisons or the eight Recovery Principles followed by a worship time with music and song. We then celebrate anyone choosing to surrender to God and get His help with their addictions as well as any clean time that others have. This is followed by a testimonial/instruction time where someone shares their testimonial or one of our leaders shares God's Word with us.
Small GroupsWe have many different Small Groups that meet after Large Group is over. Chances are that you will be able to find a group for you. If you don't see a group for you, come by and let us know. We add more groups as we find there is a need. Each group has separate classes for men and women. Groups are kept small so that everyone has time to share, so there may be many classes for a particular Small Group.
- Newcomers 101 - We ask that all first time visitors to CrossPoint Celebrate Recovery attend our Newcomers 101 class to find out what Celebrate Recovery is all about and have any questions answered. After your first visit, you are welcome to join any other Small Group.
- Chemical Dependency - For those recovering from drug and alcohol addiction
- Emotional Recovery - For those dealing with anger, shame, guilt, depression, anxiety, and loneliness
- Family Connection - Helping restore families
- Life Hurts, God Heals - For students ages 13-17 to help deal with life's painful struggles
- New Directions - For those who have been released from jail or prison, to help find a new direction in life and avoid incarceration again
- Physical, Verbal & Sexual Abuse (Women's group only) - For those who have been involved in abusive relationships.
- Recovery Kids - For children ages 4 to 12 to plant the seeds of God's love. This group starts after the worship time in Large Group finishes. Children will be asked to follow our Recovery Kids leaders to their room before the testimonial/instruction time begins in Large Group.
- Sexual Addictions (Men's group only) - For those dealing with all forms of sexual addictions
- Special Prayer Group (Co-ed group) - For those with special prayer needs
- Women Who Love Too Much (Women's group only) - For women who have enabled someone's addiction, are hurt by a loved one's addiction, and are confused about situations that are pulling their family down
Court Ordered ParticipantsFor those that have been ordered by the courts to attend some sort of recovery group, we provide three stamps, one for Step Studies on Tuesday night, one for Large Group and one for Small Group on Friday nights.
- For Step Studies, you must arrive prior to the start of the meeting and stay for the entire meeting. You will receive your stamp at the end.
- To receive a stamp for Large Group, you must arrive prior to the start of Large Group and turn in your paperwork at the table in the hallway outside the small worship center where we meet. Once Large Group is concluded, you may pick up your paperwork and receive one stamp for Large Group. If you are staying for Small Group, you and your Small Group Leader can come by the table in the small gym during CrossPoint Cafe and pick up your paperwork. You will receive two stamps at that time.
- To receive a stamp for Small Group, you must arrive prior to the start of your Small Group and stay for the full meeting. Please let your Small Group Leader know that you need to receive a stamp and they will assist you at the conclusion of your Small Group.